Friday, April 1, 2011

being cum laude

so, ill get straight to the point. i graduate tomorrow. and i graduate cum laude. i have no idea how i did it. i just did. i only recently found out about this cum laude stuff a few months before graduation. ppl started asking me if i was eligible. and i would always say, "i have no clue." and i honestly didnt. so out of curiosity, i decided to calculate my grades..and sure enough i was eligible for cum lade status.

it's kind of hard for me to swallow..coz if you guys know my past, you know back when i was grade school, high school, and first two years of college, i was extremely lazy. i made a sloth look like an effin cheetah. and to actually receive this award is pretty surreal. [to all the geniuses out there reading this and thinking cum laude is not big deal, you guys can go stick your thumb in your butt] i mean i never really thought about achieving that status. it never crossed my mind.

i guess for me..awards, scholarships and all that meant nothing to me. those things didnt motivate me to study hard at all..the thing that motivated me the most was the fact that i was capable of getting those grades. that i had the potential to become a better person, a hardworking individual. cum laude? pshhh..i could care less about it.



but that doesnt mean i cant smile about it.





No comments:

Post a Comment