Thursday, January 28, 2010

this is my musical attack

hmm..im blogging..coz i need a break from studying..my past blogs seem half-assed to me..so im gonna try to make this one super duper awesome..like me.

Mr. Auerbach said that, “Music washes away from the soul the dust of everyday life.”

which is true. but music is such a double edged sword..like it sets moods right? but sometimes it sets moods that arent true..like it sets false moods..like for example..when i would listen to "the background" by 3rd eye blind..i would think of "her"...coz the song talks about how this guy lost his partner coz she died..haha..i know i dont relate to it, but..blah..ill just put in a segment that i can relate to..haha.

Everything is quiet since youre not around
And I live in the numbness now
In the background
I do the things we did before..

The plans I make still have you in them
Cause you come swimming into view
And Im hanging on your words
Like I always used to do
The words they use so lightly
I only feel for you
I only know because I carry you around
In the background
Im in the background
Words they come and memories all repeat

I felt you long after we were through, we were through
so yeah..ill post a link to the song later on..but as you can see..that can totally make u miss someone even more..but is it a true feeling? or is it just coz the song is making you feel that way.

now, if i listen to another song by the same band called "motorcycle drive by" my mood changes..it makes me not miss that person..and makes me wanna move on...so yeah..here some snippets that i can identify with

When I came to visit you
That's when I knew I could never have you
I knew that before you did
Still I'm the one who's stupid
And there's this burning
Like there's always been
I never been so alone
And I've never been so alive...

And there's things I'd like to do
That you don't believe in
I would like to build something
But you never see it happen ..


And this is our last time
We'll be friends again
I'll get over you, you'll wonder who I am..

 I go home to the coast
It starts to rain I paddle out on the water
Alone
Taste the salt and taste the pain
I'm not thinking of you again
Summer dies and swells rise
The sun goes down in my eyes
See this rolling wave
Darkly coming to take me
Home
And I've never been so alone
And I've never been so alive

as you may notice, those lyrics would make anyone wanna move on..and the last segment was in a previous entry..so yeah..

so what's the point of this entry? i dk..i just wanted to talk about how music can influence a person a lot..despite it all...music is my sweetest drug.

The background
Motorcycle drive by

No comments:

Post a Comment